Wednesday, January 16, 2008

More Hidden Vegetables


This was created with dinner leftovers. Prior to anyone under the age of 35 taking a bite I was attacked by a line of questions and comments that went something like this - -"so, what's in here? is this broccoli? I don't like this. How many vegetables? Can I pick out the broccoli? But I don't like broccoli. I wish you wouldn't put leeks in this. I don't like cooked carrots. What are leeks? Are they vegetables? I don't like vegetables. . ." Generally, and usually after some cajoling, threatening, or inquiries about a possible dessert I may have hidden somewhere, a bite will be taken and, if it is a good night, the anti-vegetable rally will cease. This happens every night. You are not alone.

Whole wheat pastry stuffed with broccoli, shredded carrots, leeks (all from our Fully Belly CSA box), Organic Valley ricotta & mozzarella, and pecorino cheese; pizza sauce for dipping, peeled organic mandarin sections, and crunchy Romaine lettuce.

waste generated: square of unbleached parchment

1 comment:

Aubrey West @ Healthy Lunch Ideas said...

I really want to have of this kind of bread. I hope you can post your recipe so that we can try it too. Thanks!