Thursday, November 15, 2007

French Toast Sticks

I'm pretty sure some fast food restaurant started this concept (the french toast stick) a decade ago and, in fact, I do recall balancing said sticks on my lap while driving home from work one morning (this would be back in the days when I thought pulling all nighters at the office made me important and sophisticated). Now I am using that food of desperation for my son's lunch and writing about it. Have I evolved at all? I'll let you be the judge.

French toast sticks on whole wheat bread; maple syrup for dipping; half a Bosc pear; trail mix with peanuts, dried cranberries, almonds, raisins, and dried apricots.

waste generated: none :)





2 comments:

Michele said...

All these lunches look great, I even see one or two that Pippy might actually give a go at. My question is, where did you find that lunch box? From our talk, it must be insulated, but I have never seen such a thing.

Michele

Jeanine said...

Thanks for the kind comment!
The lunchbox can be purchased at laptoplunches.com or reuseable bags.com (there is a link on the lefthand side of the page). It can be purchased with or without the insulated carrying bag.